Air conditioning | Swimming pool
Prices from £5,064 per week
About the villa
Historic towns nearby | Stylish interiors | Wonderful pool
With its climber-cloaked walls, terracotta roof tiles and traditional horseshoe shape, this very special villa was built in the 1700s as a manor to neighbouring Argiano Castle. Now gazing out to gardens perfumed with roses and lavender, it has been thoughtfully restored to blend the simplicity of the rural Tuscan lifestyle with the beauty of exotic furnishings, which reflect the owner’s love of travel. So all the ground floor rooms have access to an enclosed courtyard, where a rustic pergola makes a shady dining area, and guests can enjoy seasonal produce from the vegetable garden.But within the house, high vaulted ceilings and grand arches frame elegantly styled living and dining rooms; timber beamed bedrooms, each very individual, include a barley-twist four poster bed; a study and TV room complement the social space; and the house has two kitchens and offers cook service. With a fifteen metre swimming pool in the garden, and views of the valley and castle, this impressive house is 7km from a couple of shops and restaurants in San Angelo, and 11km from Montalcino’s shops, cafés and museum.
- Cot and highchair
- Sky TV package
- DVD Player
- CD player
- USB dongle for internet access
- iPod dock
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Portable fans in all bedrooms
- 15m x 5m
- 1m x 1.5m deep
- Ladder Access
- The pool is open from mid May to mid September
- Washing Machine
- Tumble Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Central heating
- Central heating
- Sitting room with large fireplace
- 2 Kitchens
- Dining room
- Utility room
- Double bedroom with bathroom en suite
- Note: All these rooms open out to an internal courtyard with pergola
- TV room
- 3 Double bedrooms with bathroom en suite
- Double bedroom with shower room en suite
- Note: The property is in a characteristic U shape structure
- Nearest Restaurant 4km La Pieve
- Local Shops and Restaurants 7km San Angelo in Colle
- Tennis courts, shops, cafes, restaurants, museum, wine tasting, bicycle hire, cycling tours 10km Montalcino
- Golf course 60km Puntala
Places of Interest
- Montalcino 10km
- Pienza 33km
- Siena 60km
- San Gimignano 90km
- Marina di Grosseto 70km
- Perugia 119km
- Pisa 166km
- Florence 128km
- Sant'Angelo Scalo 9km
Service & Staffing
- Maid service 15 hours per week
- Linen change 1 day(s) per week
AVAILABLE ON REQUEST AT AN ADDITIONAL COST
- Cook service
- Personal laundry service (€15 per hour)
Arrival at this villa is between 4 and 8 pm.
After 8 pm a fee of €50 is payable and after 10 pm the fee is €100.
Any late arrival after 8 pm is on request and needs to be agreed in advance.
Please kindly note that after midnight – if an arrival is possible – the extra cost is €100 per hour.
Please note air conditioning is available in all bedrooms at an extra cost of €300 per week, payable locally.
Tenuta Montalcino has a resident dog that stays with the house keeper and there are two cats on site too.
An English speaking Ground handler in Italy will be available by telephone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00 – 19:00 Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
Get in touch
Need help planning your stay? Get in touch to discuss your requirements in detail.