Le Hameau du Kashmir, Val Thorens
A four-star hotel located in the Val Thorens resort at the foot of the ski slopes in the main 3 valleys area of Savoie.
92 rooms and suites
Best time to visit
Le Hameau du Kashmir is a four-star hotel, located in an idyllic spot in Val Thorens ski resort. It is an adult and children friendly hotel, and has been designed as such. Described as a true haven of peace, it the perfect spot to re-charge your batteries in the mountains. The rooms and suites are spacious with many boasting incredible panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Premium apartments are also available at Le Hameau du Kashmir for larger groups or bigger families, offering a true home-from-home experience. For dinning, the hotel’s restaurant over-looks the slopes so you can enjoy your breakfast with the knowledge that you’ll be out there yourselves in no time at all. Additionally, the restaurant specialises in beef and lobster for a feasting experience, which you could enjoy inside or on the panoramic terrace. Le Hameau du Kashmir is also no stranger to a party, and is happy to assist with any special occasion or events you and your group would like to organise. After an exhausting day on the slopes, you can relax and unwind in Le Hameau du Kashmir’s spa and wellness area.
- Utilise the location of Le Hameau du Kashmir, and ski one of the best and biggest resorts in the French Alps straight from the hotel door.
- Indulge at the restaurant with the meat and lobster specialties, while sun-soaking on the panoramic terrace.
- Relax and unwind in the hotel’s delightful spa and wellness facilities, and book yourself a beauty treatment and/ or massage to fully unwind.
The apartments and suites of Le Hameau du Kashmir have been decorated with the traditional colours of the Kashmir region of between India and Pakistan. They are modern and stylish in design.
Rooms, Suites and Apartments
- All rooms have a flatscreen TV with access to English channels, a DVD player (on request) safe, a kettle, a dolce gusto coffee machine, bath robes, slippers, towels (changed daily), as well as a hairdryer, and free WiFi.
- Rooms may have two storeys or a mezzanine level. If you’re sleeping on the mezzanine or in the alcove, you’ll have to go through the bedroom to use the bathroom.
- Adapted rooms are available on request with an accessible lift which reaches all floors, and an access ramp. The hotel is also suitable for wheelchair use.
Junior suites (40m²)
The junior suites sleep 1-3 people. They have a living area, alcove with double bed, single bedroom, kitchenette, two bathrooms with bath or shower, two toilets and a balcony with a mountain view.
Family suite (45m²)
The family suites sleep 1-4 people. They are south-facing with living area, double bedroom, twin bedroom, kitchenette, two bathrooms shower, two toilets and a balcony with a mountain view.
Superior suite (80m²)
The superior suite sleeps 2-5 people (max 4 adults and 1 child up to 10 years, or max 2 adults and 3 children up to 10 years). The suite has living area, double bedroom, single bedroom, mezzanine or alcove with single bed, kitchenette, two bathrooms with bath or shower, two toilets and a balcony with a mountain view.
- All apartments have a kitchen with oven, microwave, fridge, hobs, kettle, coffee-maker, toaster and dishwasher; hairdryer, safe, telephone, free Wi-Fi and flatscreen TV. Dressing gowns, slippers, bed linen and towels are all included. Mid-stay towel change and end-of-stay cleaning are also included.
- Some apartments may be split level.
2-bedroom apartment with Balcony:
This 2-bedroom apartment is approximately 45m², and sleeps 1-4 people. It has a living room, one twin bedroom, one double bedroom, two bathrooms with bath or shower, two WCs and balcony.
2-bedroom apartment with balcony and view:
This 2-bedroom apartment is approximately 2-bedroom apartment (45m²), and sleeps 1-4 people. It has a living room, one twin bedroom, one double bedroom, two bathrooms with bath or shower, two WCs and balcony with a view.
2-bedroom medium apartment:
This 2-bedroom apartment is a bit more spacious with approximately 50m², and sleeps 1-4 people. It has a living room, one twin bedroom, one double bedroom, two bathrooms with bath or shower, two WCs and balcony.
2-bedroom large apartment:
This 2-bedroom apartment is a bit more spacious with approximately 50m², and has the capacity to sleep up to 6 people. It has a living room with double sofa bed, one twin room, one double room, two bathrooms with bath or shower, two WCs and balcony.
3-bedroom apartment: This 3-bedroom apartment is the largest of the apartments, and can sleep up to 6 people. The hotel recommends the following combinations (max 4 adults and 2 children up to 10 years, or max 2 adults and 4 children up to 10 years). It has a living room, two twin bedrooms, one double bedroom, three bathrooms with bath or shower, three WCs and balcony.
Après ski and dining
Après ski is different for everyone, but don’t worry Le Hameau du Kashmir has you covered. The hotel staff would be more than happy to welcome you for a drink in the lounge-bar or if weather permits, out on the panoramic terrace to watch the last skiing of the day. Alternatively, Val Thorens is home to some notoriously fun après bars such as ‘Folie Douce’ and ‘360 Bar’ which can both be found on the slopes of the resort and are worth a visit. The Red Fox pub located near ‘Les Balcones” is a great spot to grab a refreshing beer in the town. If wanting to take the party into the early hours of the morning, the Le Malaysia and Klub summit clubs have your live music party needs covered.
Similarly, head into the town centre to visit the shops, deli’s and patisseries for a spot of après shopping. Then head back, and get yourself ready for dinner in Le Hameau du Kashmir restaurant where beef and lobster are the chef’s specialties. Alternatively, If you fancy exploring the town in the evening for dinner, the reception would be happy to help you choose from the array of restaurants around Val Thorens – from burgers and pizzas, traditional French cuisine, fine dining and more.
Spa and Wellness
You can relax and unwind before dinner using the hotel’s spa facilities, book a massage or beauty treatment, or relax in your spacious suite enjoying the beautiful mountain surroundings.
The spa also has a sauna, steam room (or hammam), jacuzzi, indoor swimming pool, relaxation area, and small fitness room to fully rejuvenate for your upcoming mountain adventures.
In a nutshell
- Hotel type: Traditional chalet hotel, with modern amenities.
- Location: The hotel is ski-in ski-out providing access to the main ski-lifts in the resort. It is located just a 10-minute walk from the ski school meeting point, or a short shuttle bus from the resort centre.
- Style: Traditional chalet style, furnished with the colours and décor or the Kashmir region of India.
- Ideal for: Large groups and families
- Rooms: 58 rooms and suites with balconies currently undergoing renovations to ensure modern amenities, and complete luxury.
- Breakfast: buffet breakfast with hot and cold options.
- Dining: Enjoy in the warmth of the hotel restaurant, or sun-soaking on the panoramic terrace.
- Spa: Indoor pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and relaxation area. Massages and beauty treatments can also be organised via the hotel’s reception. The hotel also has access to a small fitness room, should you wish to keep up your fitness routine while away.
- Children: The rooms and suites have been designed for families in mind. They are spacious and have all the necessary amenities for a pleasant and relaxing stay for all. The lounge-bar has a series of board games to keep all members of the family entertained. The hotel is also a short walk from the nursery slopes and ski school.
Le Hameau du Kashmir also has a mountain store with all the equipment you could possibly need for your adventures available to rent or purchase. Priority is given to guests of the hotel, and the charming team are on hand to help you find best set of equipment for your needs.
Le Hameau du Kashmir also has a charming lounge-bar area with games boards, ideal for catching up with family and friends on all the excitement and stories from the day. Alternatively, shut the world away with a book for some afternoon peace and quiet. For those needing to catch up on some work while away, the hotel has Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel.
Lockers provide a safe space for all your equipment, while boot and glove warmers ensure you head out with toasty warm and dry the next day.
Should you choose to arrive by your own car, the hotel has private parking available at a supplement.
Chambery airport (CMF): 1 hour 35 mins
Grenoble (GNB): 1 hour 50 mins
Geneva (GVA): 2 hours 20 mins
Lyon (LYS): 2 hours 20mins
Low season price from: €1,588
High season price from: €4,403