Le Chateau Aubenas
Pool Heating | Swimming pool | Table tennis | Wifi
Prices from £5,838 per week
About the villa
Extensive gardens | Gated heatable pool | Stylish restoration
Privately screened with tall trees and elevated to enjoy the views of rolling hills, the château stands in gated grounds, formally laid with lawns and low hedges, where the shade of a broad branched tree cools an al fresco dining area. Pathways lead to an olive grove, a large sun terrace, and a heatable swimming pool in a pine scented setting, and a barbecue and table tennis add to outdoor leisure; all overseen by the graceful and historic house. But this imposing exterior gives no hint of the transformation within. The huge rooms, high ceilings and hallways remain, but the addition of interconnecting doors makes a practical use of space, and intriguing antiques are now highlighted with stylish contemporary chic décor. The dining room, all white and wood, sets a simple timber table beside an elaborate fireplace; the sitting room is modern, monochrome and minimalist; in the arty, uncluttered bedrooms, old world artefacts are used to great effect; and the tower has been cleverly re-created as a children’s dormitory suite. Cook service can be pre-booked for this unique villa, and Forcalquier’s shops, restaurants and market are 10km away.
- A complimentary travel cot
- A complimentary highchair
- Electric plancha
- Smart TV
- DVD Player
- CD player
- Upright Piano
- Selection of books
Games and Sports
- Table tennis
- Fans available in all bedrooms
- Coffee machine
- 8m x 5m
- 0.9m x 1.65m deep
- Built-in steps
- Pool heating available – price on request
- The pool is open from 9 May to 11 September. Outside of these months the pool may be able to be opened for an additional cost
- Pool alarm
- Washing machine
- Washing machine
- Entrance Hall
- Kitchen with breakfast area
- Dining room opening to terrace
- Large open plan sitting room and TV room opening to terrace
- 'Tower' Double Bedroom
- Triplex children’s bedroom 4 single mattresses
- Duplex (King size) Double bedroom with bed on upper level
- Family bathroom with overhead shower and double basins
- Double (king size) bedroom with shower room en suite with bed on upper level
- Master (Super king size) Bedroom with bathroom en suite and and adjacent WC
- Bakery and butcher in Saint-Michel-l’Observatoire 5.6Km
- All facilities, weekly market, restaurants, tennis and horseriding in Forcalquier 10km
- Golf in Pierrevert 20km
- Watersports in Gorges du Verdon 60km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Avignon 60km
- Aix-en-Provence 60km
- Lake of Sainte Croix 90km
- Marseille 90km
- Avignon 86km
- Aix-en-Provence 70km
- Welcome pack
- Maid service 3 hours per day 4 day(s) per week
- Linen Change: Once a week on arrival day, (extra changes available on request for an additional charge).
Available on request
- COOK SERVICE Cook service is available on request, subject to availability at an additional cost (payable locally) and needs to be booked well in advance to avoid disappointment.
Please note that this house is suitable for up to 8 adults and 4 children, due to the size of the small circular dormitory and the size of its beds
An English speaking Ground handler will be available by phone during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival from 16:00. Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
Get in touch
Need help planning your stay? Get in touch to discuss your requirements in detail.