Luxury 5* chalet hotel and spa in the heart of Meribel, with a Michelin star restaurant and one of the best spas in town.
42 rooms and private chalet-style suites
Best time to visit
Le Kaila is the first and only 5* hotel in Meribel, offers true luxury in the center of the ski village. It combines the best aspects of chalet and hotel holidays, with a stunning spa, Michelin-starred restaurant and its very own lift to the slopes, but also a variety of private suites to accommodate families and larger groups. The traditional stone and wood building is a Meribel icon, while the inside exudes luxury.
- Michelin-starred dining at L’Erkin restaurant, with live pianist and open fires
- Nuxe Spa with treatments and massages, a private Moroccan hammam and spacious indoor swimming pool
- On-site boutiques and ski shop for seamless fittings, with direct access to the slopes via a private lift in the shop
- Variety of suites sleeping up to 10 people, some with their own hammam and jacuzzi
Rooms and Suites
The 39 suites and bedrooms in Le Kaila break the mould of a traditional hotel, with some feeling more like large private chalets and sleeping up to 10 guests. The decor throughout the rooms continues to emphasise modern luxury and generosity. Thick carpets, velvet curtains and warm wooden fittings make for cosy yet stylish bedrooms. NUXE products from Paris add a hint of luxury.
Rooms, Suites and Family Room Options
- Elegance: cosy 2 person room with a bath and balcony.
- Signature: comfortable 2 person room with a little lounge area, bath and balcony.
- Privilege: spacious 2 person room with an open lounge and armchairs, bath and shower, and balcony
- Junior Alpine Suite: spacious 2 person suite on the top floor of the hotel, with breathtaking views of Meribel village from the balcony, and a lounge area, fireplace and separate dressing room. Option to configure interconnecting rooms.
- Family Suite: 4 Person
Après ski and dining
Le Kaila offers three different restaurants and dining areas, with something to suit every occasion. Fine dining restaurant L’Ekrin has a coveted Michelin star, serving up classical French gastronomy with a mountain twist, to the backdrop of a live pianist and open wood fires. Head chef Laurent Azoulay takes diners on a culinary journey through France, from his native Province all the way to the Alps. Highlights include Provence-style trout, black truffle and crayfish from the Alpine lakes.
For a more relaxed affair, Brasserie Le 80 is a Meribel Apres-Ski destination in its own right, located in sister hotel La Chaudanne right next door. Open daily for lunch and dinner, the brasserie serves everything from hearty mountain fondue to country côte de boeuf, as well as oysters, salads and decadent charcuterie platters. Several evenings a week, live music and DJs from the Folie Douce bring Meribel’s famous party scene to Le Kaila, with the luxury of being able to retreat to your room just a few hundred meters away. The brand new adjacent wine bar at La Chaudanne serves a large selection of French wines by the glass.
Le Kaila also runs the mountainside bistro Le Rok, which can be reached by foot or by skiing, and has panoramic views over the valley.
Spa and Wellness
The aqua wellness center at Le Kaila is unlike anything else you’ll find in the mountains, with an indoor beach and beach bar, vast swimming pool, waterfall and two geysers. The pool has huge bay windows letting natural light flood in, while cocooned from the cold outside. There’s also an aquamarine course within the complex for those wishing to train more seriously, with a swim lane against a current of water and a low impact aqua-bike for extra endurance training. The state of the art gym is kitted out with a treadmill, rowing machine, cross-trainers, step machines, dumbbells and various weight training machines.
To relax after a day’s skiing, guests can enjoy massage chairs and a range of treatments. Parisian beauty brand Nuxe have put their stamp on everything in the six beautifully decorated treatment rooms, where the combined effect and benefits of their natural creams, oils and massages relax the body and mind.
In a nutshell
- Hotel type: 5* luxury chalet hotel with spa, butler service and Michelin starred restaurant
- Location: Just meters from the slopes in the heart of Meribel, it couldn’t get more central
- Style: En suite chalet-style rooms with modern amenities and luxurious interiors
- Ideal for: Couples, families and large groups of all ages
- Rooms: The 39 suites vary from cosy bedrooms to palatial chalet-style apartments for up to 10 guests, combining traditional Alpine decor with modern luxury. Many have balconies with panoramic views, and some have private hot tubs and hammams.
- Breakfast: A continental buffet style with chefs preparing omelettes and hot dishes to order, and a choice of organic products.
- Dining: Michelin-starred L’Ekrin restaurant and a lounge bar, as well as all-day Brasserie right next door.
- Spa: A fitness room, six treatment rooms, 600 square meter pool with a waterfall, aqua-biking, upstream swim facility, massage chairs, sauna, steam room and hammam.
- Children: There’s an area for children and teenagers, with childminding available on request
- Ski shop and rental service on-site , with direct access to the slopes from a lift in the shop
- Fibre-optic Wi-Fi connection
- Concierge & Laundry
- Hairdressing salon/Turndown service/Dog Service
Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 100km
Grenoble (GNB): 2h 00m / 150km
Geneva (GVA): 2h 00m / 180km
Lyon (LYS): 2h 00m / 180km
Helicopter transfer: 30 minutes
Private garage/Valet & porter/Shuttle service
Low season price from: €3,850 per room B&B
High season price from: €8,050 per room B&B