La Dimora del Santo
Air conditioning | Concierge | Cook service | Swimming pool | Table tennis | Wifi
Prices from £11,569 per week
About the villa
Cook service included | Magnificent gardens | Celebration venue
Tall palms cast their distinctive shadows onto the extensive lawns and walls of this historic house, which was built as an abbey in 1300, before becoming an important stately home for several centuries and, latterly, being restored as a magnificent choice for a special holiday. Quietly secluded in over a hundred private acres, its glorious gardens encompass ponds and a peaceful Indian pavilion, lawned paths through scented plants and splendid symmetry, cypress and citrus trees, and buildings ablaze with bougainvillea and climbing roses. They are also home to a twenty metre swimming pool set into a pretty garden courtyard, served by a pool house with bar, barbecue, shaded terrace and a spa area creatively built into a round tower with a hammam and sauna. Within the property, timber raftered ceilings and huge stone arches span timelessly elegant country house décor, where various social spaces complement ten bedrooms, while two special suites are privately placed off the garden courtyard.
With cook service included and concierge services offered by the house manager, the unique La Dimora del Santo is just a ten minute drive from east coast beaches. With the option of dining either in the main dining room or on the shaded terrace and at different spots within the gardens, this is an ideal venue for a special celebration. Within very easy reach of Catania Airport, and beaches, the celebrated Baroque towns of Siracusa and Noto, the ceramics centre of Caltagirone, the celebrated mosaics at Piazza Armermina, Mount Etna, Taormina and noted vineyards, this is a perfect spot for touring. Guides can be arranged on request.
- Cot and highchair
- Portable barbecue
- TV in all bedrooms
- DVD Player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Further large TV in library
Games and Sports
- Table tennis
- Yoga mats
- Yoga terrace
- Badminton racquets
- Air conditioning in all bedrooms
- Professional kitchen which can also be used by guests with assistance from the staff
- 20m x 9m
- Built-in steps
- Pool house with bar, sink and barbecue
- Open all season
- Mini-bars in all bedrooms
- Wellness treatments and massages
- Treatment room
- Hammam steam room
- Bathroom amenities
- Concierge Services
- Washing Machine
- Hairdryers For All Bedrooms
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Pool Towels
- Entrance Hall
- Drawing Room
- Library with TV
- Office for Villa Manager
- Large dining room opening to garden
- Winter garden/arcaded dining terrace
- 6 double (king size) bedrooms (can be made up as twin on request) with bathroom (with one exception which has a shower room) en suite opening out onto main central courtyard
- 2 double (king size bedrooms, bedrooms 4 and 5, each with bathroom en suite, connecting internally via a hallway with a further bed (accommodating 5 total). Guest using single bed will use the bathroom of one of the bedrooms.
- 2 double (king size bedrooms 1 and 2), each with bathroom en suite and internally connecting
SEPARATE GARDEN COURTYARD
- Junior suite, with double bedroom (king size) can be twin with bathroom en suite
- Junior suite, with double bedroom (king size bed) with bathroom en suite and entrance/sitting area large enough for an extra single bed
- Amenities 5km
- Brucoli 10 km
- Lentini 17 km
PLACES OF INTEREST
- Necropolis of Pantalica 28km
- Siracusa 34km
- Oasi di Vendicari 63km
- Noto 64km
- Caltagirone 74km
- Taormina 88km
- Ragusa 92km
- Modica 100km
- Nearest sandy beaches 3 km Agnone Bagni
- Playa di Catania 30 minutes’ drive
- 40minutes to 1 hour drive towards beaches in Siracusa
- Catania 30 minute drive
- Cook assisted by staff providing 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner and drinks or snacks and canapes as required) between 0800 hrs - 2200 hrs with some time off in the afternoon.
- Welcome refreshment on arrival
- Cooking classes
- Wine tasting
- All food and beverages, shopping service charge Euro 30 per trip payable locally
- Concierge services provided by (non-resident) Villa Manager for menu and excursion planning and reservations (boat hire, beaches, in-villa wellness and beauty treatments)
- Daily housekeeping
- Personal laundry service (ironing payable locally)
- Bathroom amenities
- Airport transfers
- One 'Meet and Greet' service at Catania Airport
- Car and driver
Additional villa experiences
- In villa wellness and beauty treatments
- Private Boat rental
- Private guides
Please note from 10 July – 28 August, prices are available for up to 18 people – 9 bedrooms the (entered from the main courtyard) will be available. Prices are also available for 19 – 25 people with all bedrooms available.
For all other dates, prices are available for up to 12 people – 6 bedrooms (from those around the main courtyard), 13 – 18 people (9 bedrooms around the main courtyard), and for 19 – 25 people – the entire property is available.
This property can accommodate up to 150 – 200 people in total for a special celebration. Further details are available on request.
When resident, the owners' quarters occupy the east wing of this substantial property, accessed via a separate entrance not overlooking the pool or extensive gardens. Their local knowledge is exceptional and they will be pleased to give personal recommendations to ensure your stay is truly memorable.
Please note that the preferred suppliers for the villa must be used for any additional services. Unknown extra staff are not permitted at the villa.
An English speaking Ground handler in Italy will visit during your stay. Contact details will be sent with your travel documents.
Arrival between 15:00 . Departure by 10:00.
Please refer to the Health & Safety pages on this website.
Get in touch
Need help planning your stay? Get in touch to discuss your requirements in detail.