Hotel La Chaudanne
Iconic 4* hotel, spa and Michelin-starred restaurant at the foot of the slopes in Meribel.
64 rooms and suites
Best time to visit
Just 50 meters from the slopes, La Chaudanne offers a true ski-in-ski-out experience in the heart of the Three Valleys. The hotel has been an iconic Meribel destination since it opened in the 1960s, and has kept its reputation for genuine mountain charm and luxury. The sun-drenched indoor pool and spa are the perfect place to recharge after a day skiing, while three different restaurants offer fine dining and rustic Alpine fare in equal measure. For families, a relaxed approach and child-friendly play areas make it the ideal destination for a mountain holiday.
- Michelin-starred dining at L’Erkin restaurant, with live pianist and open fires
- Nuxe Spa with treatments and massages, a private Moroccan hammam and spacious indoor swimming pool
- Dedicated Chaudanne ski and sports shop at the foot of the mountain for seamless fittings
- Atmospheric brasserie, lounge and wine bar for DJ sets for more laid-back evenings
Rooms and Suites
The 64 suites and bedrooms combine traditional Alpine decor with all the modern amenities you might wish for. Cosy and chic, they seamlessly balance the soft, warm characteristics of Alpine woods and woven fabrics with power showers and flat screen TVs. Many of the rooms have a private balcony or terrace, with unparalleled views onto the valley, the ski slopes or the mountains beyond. Luxurious NUXE products from Paris add a hint of luxury.
- Small Room (12-14 sqm) ideally for single occupancy. Shower room, no balcony.
- Standard Room (18-20 sqm) good size for a short stay.
- Superior Room (24-28 sqm) with lounge area, can sleep up to 3 people.
Suites and Family Room Options
- Duplex Suite (32 sqm) with lounge area downstairs and upper mezzanine with double bed. Can sleep up to 4 people.
- Deluxe Suite (32-40 sqm) with lounge area, can sleep up to 4 people.
- Family Room (25 sqm) with 1 double bed and 2 single beds. Can sleep up to 3 people.
- Family Room (28-30 sqm) with 1 double bed and separate space with 2 single beds. Can sleep up to 4 people.
- Deluxe Family Room (54-57 sqm) with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Can sleep up to 5 people.
Après ski and dining
La Chaudanne offers three different restaurants and dining areas, with something to suit every occasion. Fine dining restaurant L’Ekrin has a coveted Michelin star, serving up classical French gastronomy with a mountain twist, to the backdrop of a live pianist and open wood fires. Head chef Laurent Azoulay takes diners on a culinary journey through France, from his native Province all the way to the Alps. Highlights include Provence-style trout, black truffle and crayfish from the Alpine lakes.
For a more relaxed affair, Brasserie Le 80 is a Meribel Apres-Ski destination in its own right. Open daily for lunch and dinner, the brasserie serves everything from hearty mountain fondue to country côte de boeuf, as well as oysters, salads and decadent charcuterie platters. Several evenings a week, live music and DJs from the Folie Douce bring Meribel’s famous party scene to La Chaudanne. The brand new adjacent wine bar serves a large selection of French wines by the glass.
La Chaudanne also runs the mountainside bistro Le Rok, which can be reached by foot or by skiing, and has panoramic views over the valley.
Spa and Wellness
The aqua wellness center at La Chaudanne is the perfect respite after a day on the mountains, with a sauna, steam room and Moroccan Hammam to warm aching limbs. The heated indoor pool is illuminated . To keep up your exercise regime, a gym is kitted out with a treadmill, rowing machine, cross-trainers, step machines, dumbbells and various weight training machines.
Parisian beauty brand Nuxe have put their stamp on everything in the six beautifully decorated treatment rooms, where the combined effect and benefits of their natural creams, oils and massages relax the body and mind.
In a nutshell
- Hotel type: 4* luxury hotel with spa, wine bar and Michelin starred restaurant
- Location: Just meters from the slopes in the heart of Meribel, it couldn’t get more central
- Style: En suite chalet-style rooms with modern amenities and cosy interiors
- Ideal for: Couples, families and groups of all ages
- Rooms: The 64 suites and en suite bedrooms, combine traditional Alpine decor with modern luxury. Many have balconies with panoramic views.
- Breakfast: A continental buffet breakfast is available every morning, and can also be enjoyed in the comfort of your room.
- Dining: There’s a choice of buzzing Brasserie 80 with live music and DJ sets, Michelin-starred L’Ekrin restaurant and a new wine bar, all on site.
- Spa: A fitness room, six treatment rooms, indoor pool, sauna, steam room and hammam.
- Children: There’s an area for children and teenagers, with childminding available on request
- Ski and sports shop at the foot of the slopes
- Fibre-optic Wi-Fi connection
- Concierge & Laundry
- Hairdressing salon/Turndown service/Dog Service
Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 100km
Grenoble (GNB): 2h 00m / 150km
Geneva (GVA): 2h 00m / 180km
Lyon (LYS): 2h 00m / 180km
Private garage/Valet & porter/Shuttle service
Low season price from: €1,925 per room B&B
High season price from: €2,905 per room B&B