Fitz Roy (Under Renovation)
A 5* magnet for mountain goers, located in the heart of Val Thorens resort. Currently undergoing renovations Le Fitz Roy will be back open and better than ever by November 25th 2021.
58 rooms and duplex suites
Please note, the hotel is currently undergoing renovations so some features may have changed. However, these renovations are guaranteed to make your stay more enjoyable, luxurious and relaxing.
Best time to visit
A five-star hotel and spa located in the heart of Val Thorens. A convenient location connecting residents to a host of shops, bars, and most importantly ‘le rond point de pistes’ for quick access to the main ski-lift hub of the resort. From the moment you enter the hotel, you are greeted by traditional mountain design featuring plenty of wood and stone. Le Fitz Roy is spacious and sophisticated, with large rooms and luxurious facilities. The restaurant provides meals throughout the day; from buffest style breakfast to regional French cuisine for lunch and dinner. To relax and unwind, the hotel has a lovely lounge area with an open fireplace, and a bar where delicious charcuterie and cheese boards can be ordered for a snack or pre-dinner appetiser. Additionally, the spa and wellness facilities will leave you feeling relaxed and your muscles soothed from a day on the mountains.
- An enviable location to provide you access to all the key features Val Thorens resort has to offer.
- Relax and unwind in Le Fitz Roy’s incredible spa and wellness facilities, which include a masseuse and a plethora of beauty treatments.
- Enjoy a glass of wine or drink of your choosing in the inviting lounge-bar area, where an open fireplace will warm you from the chill outside.
Le Fitz Roy is homely and sophisticated, designed with natural stone and wood features. The rooms and suites have been decorated in traditional alpine style, some with real fireplaces and all with balconies.
Rooms and Suites
Please note, the hotel is currently undergoing renovations so some room features may have changed. However, the team at le Fitz Roy can ensure these improvements are to make your stay more comfortable and luxurious. All rooms have a hairdryer, flatscreen TV, minibar and safe. Some rooms have the capacity for an open fire place, please state in your booking enquiry if this is a feature you would like and the hotel will do their best to accommodate your request.
Twin or double room, with village view (sleeps 2)
The twin room comes with 1 double bed or two twin beds, a private bathroom, separate toilet and a balcony with a view of the village.
The superior twin room/ double room with a piste view (sleeps 2)
The superior twin room comes with 1 double bed or two twin beds, a private bathroom, separate toilet and a balcony with a view of the piste.
The Deluxe twin or double room with village view (sleeps 2-3: 2x adults or 2x adults + 1 child)
The deluxe twin room comes with 1 double bed or two twin beds, a single sofa bed, a private bathroom with a bath or shower, separate toilet and a balcony with a view of the village
Après ski and dining
Le Fitz Roy is located in the heart of the Val Thorens village making access to local bars too tempting!
Val Thorens is home to the notorious Follie Douce and 360 bar, both incredible mountain spots for afternoon live music and ski-boot dancing. The red fox is also a perfect spot to grab a drink back down in town. Le Malaysia and Klub Summit have you covered for late night and into the early hours.
If you fancy something calmer and more collected, Le Fitz Roy lounge-bar would be happy to welcome you for a glass of wine, chilled beer or maybe a cocktail.
For dinning the hotel offers breakfast with an array of hot and cold foods such as freshly baked breads and pastries.
For lunch, regional produce inspires brasserie-style cooking over a wood stone fire.
For dinner, cuisine-bourgeoise style dishes are served at Le Fitz Roy restaurant. Alternatively, the sister hotel and restaurant Le Val Thorens has an incredible restaurant offering traditional mountain dishes such as raclette or fondue.
Spa and Wellness
Massages and beauty treatments, an indoor swimming pool, sauna and Turkish hammam are available for the ultimate relaxation experience. Spaces are also available outside for yoga, or some bodyweight fitness should you feel up to it after a day on the slopes.
In a nutshell
- Hotel type: Modern with renovations to be completed by November 25th 2021.
- Location: Ski-in ski-out access in the heart of Val Thorens. It neighbours many of the bars, shops and restaurants in town and is just moments from ‘Rond Point des Pistes’ to zip you off to any area of the resort.
- Style: Le Fitz Roy is homely and sophisticated, designed with natural stone and wood features. The rooms and suites have been decorated in traditional alpine style, some with real fire places and all with balconies overlooking the village or the slopes.
- Ideal for: Solo-escapes, couples, friends and small families
- Rooms: 58 rooms and suites with balconies currently undergoing renovations to ensure modern amenities, and complete luxury.
- Breakfast: an array of hot and cold foods such as freshly baked breads and pastries.
- Dining: cuisine-bourgeoise style dishes are served at Le Fitz Roy restaurant. Alternatively, the sister hotel and restaurant Le Val Thorens has an incredible restaurant offering traditional mountain dishes such as raclette or fondue.
- Spa: Massages and beauty treatments, an indoor swimming pool, sauna and Turkish hammam.
- Children: There are 12- interconnecting rooms to accommodate families, as well as capacity to add extra beds to certain rooms. Privilege rooms have a sofa bed as standard, the largest sleeping up to 6. Le Fitz Roy doesn’t have its own kids club; however, guests are welcome to use the fantastic complimentary facility in the Val Thorens just next door.
- mountain store with all the equipment you could possibly need for your adventures available to rent or purchase
- lockers and boot warmers
- library and internet corner
- Three of the hotels’ rooms have been adapted for wheelchairs and the restaurant, bar and terrace are all on the open-plan ground floor. The hotel also has a lift making access to all floors, and al facilities possible.
Chambery airport (CMF): 1 hour 35 mins
Grenoble (GNB): 1 hour 50 mins
Geneva (GVA): 2 hours 20 mins
Lyon (LYS): 2 hours 20mins
Low season price from: €2,740 per room B&B
High season price from: €4,690 per room B&B