Named after the mountain creature, this idyllic chalet sleeps six in comfort and style, plus an extra three in a bunk room. It has a hot tub, heated boot room and stunning dining room for cosy mountain suppers en famille.
Best time to visit
Nestled in the peaceful hamlet of Villarabout just above St Martin de Belleville, this beautiful chalet is perfect for two families, or a group of friends looking for a cosy week in the mountains. Chamois Lodge has been sympathetically finished in old wood and stone, and comes complete with a private chef, stylish outdoor spa and hot tub, and luxurious fluffy dressing gowns.
- Breakfast and afternoon tea every day, and a luxurious 5-course dinner on five nights, with a help-yourself Savoyard supper on the sixth.
- Champagne welcome on your first night, and carefully selected wine pairings with dinner.
- Enjoy having your own private chauffeur to whisk you back and forth in the comfort of a luxury 4×4 minibus, just a two minute drive into the main village of St Martin.
- Housekeeping each day of the week, and an evening turndown service.
The heart of Chamois Lodge is the living area, with antique furniture, a roaring log fire and two balconies to sit out and enjoy the mountain sunshine. This joins onto the stylish and well-equipped kitchen, which has everything your personal chef needs to create exquisite dining experiences. Here, the rustic dining table and beautiful table setting create your very own chef’s table.
Rooms and suites
Chamois Lodge’s three main bedrooms are all en suite, with plush Hypnos pocket-sprung double mattresses, goose down pillows and Egyptian cotton linen. Three more guests can be accommodated in a triple bunk room adjoining the third bedroom, which is especially great fun for children and is decorated to the same high standard as the other rooms. The modern bathrooms include baths with overhead showers, luxury toiletries and hairdryers.
The chalet is located in the quiet village of Villarabout, just above St Martin de Belleville, and is only a two minute chauffeur driven journey from the centre of St Martin and the slopes. Alternatively, you can be there in under ten minutes by foot.
Après ski and dining
Guests will enjoy freshly prepared breakfast every day before hitting the slopes, as well as afternoon tea and cakes to come back to. A private chef will prepare a stunning five course dinner for all guests on five of the seven evenings, with matching wines and a variety of local and international flavours to suit all palates. One night, guests will be treated to a classic Savoyard buffet-style feast, a more laid-back affair where you can help yourselves to local delicacies, and on the chef’s day off the village has an array of restaurants and bars to visit.
The bunk room is ideal for children, and can be attached to one of the bedrooms for families with young children.
Wellness and relaxation
The spa is taken outside at Chamois Lodge, with a luxurious terrace hot tub surrounded by atmospheric log piles, candles, fur rugs and warm wood cladding. On the lower ground floor you will find a cosy snug with satellite TV & DVD player and board games, while the main living room has a flat-screen TV and roaring log fire.
- In-resort chauffeur service from 8am – 11pm. Only a 2 minute drive to the slopes
- Complimentary bar of wine, sparkling wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Luxury dressing gowns, slippers and Egyptian cotton towels
- State of the art TV and sound system, with a games console and an extensive DVD library
- Off-street parking
Chambery (CMF): 1h 45m / 110km
Grenoble (GNB): 1h 50m / 130km
Geneva (GVA): 2h 30m / 190km
Lyon (LYS): 2h 30m / 190km
Low season price from: £5,000
High season price from: £21,500