Chalet Iona, Le Villard
Surrounded by orchards and overlooking Vanoise National Park, this twelve-person chalet is beautifully secluded from Méribel Village, with a jacuzzi, sauna and roaring fires for a cosy night in.
Best time to visit
After being completely rebuilt in 2017, Chalet Iona sits on the outskirts of Le Villard village, high above Méribel-les-Allues and surrounded by nature and the sound of birdsong. With views stretching across the Bozel valley and the villages and settlements below, it’s a world away from the party scene in Méribel – yet only a five minute drive to the Olympic Express telecabine and the heart of the world’s largest ski area.
- Breakfast, afternoon tea and sumptuous four course dinners, plus a fully stocked bar and hidden wine cellar to explore.
- Enjoy having your own private chauffeur to whisk you back and forth from the slopes or Méribel Village whenever you need, just 15 minutes away by car.
- Three barbeque areas and sundecks, a jacuzzi, garden swings and a treehouse are among some of the outdoor delights to discover.
- Finishing touches like fresh flowers, daily newspapers, luxurious toiletries, house slippers and dressing gowns make your stay extra special.
The traditional wooden chalet was entirely rebuilt in 2017, and is actually spread across three separate buildings. Upstairs, a large open-plan breakfast and dining room features a 20ft handmade oak banqueting table which seats up to 22, with ceiling-to-floor panoramic windows looking over the mountains below. The chalet is tastefully fitted with original Art Deco and Biedermeier furniture, while the kitchen has all the modern trappings you might wish for: fondue and raclette sets, a Smeg mixer, professional range and Denby chinaware.
Rooms and suites
The main chalet sleeps twelve guests in its two master rooms, both of which have emperor-sized beds, and four twin or double guest rooms. Each bedroom has its own bath or shower room and its own style.
The Méribel valley is home to a score of villages and hamlets, collectively known as Méribel. Le Villard sits above one of these, Les Allues, on a sunny balcony at 1200m with pastures and meadows overlooking the Bozel valley. Méribel itself lies at the heart of the 3 Valleys, with eight interlinking ski resorts and 600km of trails and pistes.
All stays are provided fully all-inclusive of meals, drinks and dedicated chalet staff.
Après ski and dining
A full à la carte breakfast will be ready for you when you wake up, taken inside as a group or on the breakfast balcony in the morning sun. After a day on the slopes, there will be afternoon tea and cakes to come back to. Six out of seven evenings, a sumptuous four course dinner with selected wines will be prepared for guests, tailored to your preferences and wishes.
There is plenty of room for cots and roll-out beds in the master bedrooms, and children are welcomed. Children’s’ meals are prepared every day of the week, meaning adults can switch off and enjoy a well-earned break.
Wellness and relaxation
There’s a private and secluded hot tub on a terrace surrounded by the orchard, as well as a sauna to warm those aching limbs. The cosy lounge area is well stocked with books, board games and Chesterfield sofas to curl up on while it’s snowing outside. The chalet is surrounded by apple, pear, plum and cherry trees, and in autumn guests can wander in the orchards and pick fruit straight from the trees.
- Complimentary bar with wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Both kitchen, dining and lounge rooms are equipped with Marantz/ATC sound systems
- Unlimited wifi and a wireless printer
- Luxury dressing gowns and house slippers
- Satellite TV, well-stocked with French and English DVDs
- Ski room with boot warmers
Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 100km
Grenoble (GNB): 2h 00m / 150km
Geneva (GVA): 2h 00m / 180km
Lyon (LYS): 2h 00m / 180km
Low season price from: €19,980
High season price from: €32,040