Chalet Ferme Du Rys
- Sleeps 13 guests
- Stunning interior design
- Chauffeured minibus around resort as required
- Games room
Best time to visit
Chalet Ferme Du Rys
Ferme du Rys is a stunning renovated farmhouse dating back to 1798. It is arguably one of the finest renovations in the Alps perfectly blending the original features with modern luxuries and exquisite interior design.
Located just above the traditional alpine village of La Chapelle d’Abondance. This gorgeous renovated farmhouse offers the ultimate ski holiday experience – with hot-tub, cinema, games room and sauna, as well as magnificent views.
The large open plan living area was formally used to dry hay and is full of original features – most notably the original wooden beams, section of glass floor, log store, central board formed concrete plinth with 2-sided wood burner & stunning mountain views through the three huge sliding glass doors which take you onto a panoramic balcony.The interior design is elegant and carefully planned to compliment the natural beauty of this traditional farm creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The reading snug is cosy & idyllic! A great place to escape the world and enjoy a few moments with a good book.
Ferme du Rys has been carefully designed to incorporate so many luxury facilities, you may find it hard to leave each day! The cinema room which originally formed part of the stables along with the boot room is the ultimate in luxury with 65 inch OLED TV, cinema surround sound, streaming channels and PlayStation 4 all enjoyed from stunning 2-tier seating. There is a cosy TV snug on the living room floor perfect for snuggling up and taking in the gorgeous mountain views through the large picture window which faces the Dent du Midi. On the lower ground floor which formally contained a wine cellar & store for the farmer is now a spa treatment zone with 8 person sauna, relaxing area & shower. Just let us know if you’d like us to arrange massage treatments at the farm. Ferme du Rys also boasts a wonderful hot-tub and decking area taking in the stunning views and tranquil mountain setting. If you still have some energy after a day on the slopes the Games Room is the place to be for apres-ski entertainment, with pool table and table tennis.
The open plan kitchen and dining areas are modern and stylish, sitting perfectly alongside the old wood and original beams. It’s an amazing space to prepare and enjoy dinner with family and friends. The kitchen and dining area have amazing views of the ‘Dents du Midi’ Swiss mountain range, and the marble kitchen island provides the perfect spot for socialising and catching up on the ski stories of the day.
Catered Services Include
- Concierge: Enjoying your time on the slopes is effortless with the support of the conscientious concierge team provided.
- Chauffeur: Exclusive chauffeur minibus service too and from the slopes at times chosen by you. We can also pre- arrange private transfers from Geneva airport.
- Your 5* customer service is discreet, professional, and always delivered with a smile by the team of staff trained to an exceptional standard.
- Breakfast: Fuel up for your skiing day with cereals, fresh breads, juices, tea and coffee and a different cooked option each morning such as Eggs Benedict. You can relax and enjoy the convenience of a cooked or continental breakfast laid out for you in the comfort of your chalet, every day of your stay.
- Exclusive professional chef
- Daily breakfast menu including a selection of hot dishes and continental buffet
- Home-made afternoon tea each day after skiing
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Canapé reception each evening including a delicious ‘aperitif of the day’
- Gourmet 4 course evening meal served on four nights
- Delicious 2 course ‘comfort food’ served on one night
- Self-service Raclette evening serviced on one night
- After dinner coffee and chocolates each evening
- Children’s early supper served each evening if required
- Afternoon Tea: A yummy homemade cake or biscuits will be awaiting your return from the slopes with a big pot of tea or coffee to enjoy by the fire.
- Evening Meals: Seasonal, locally sourced ingredients are used with mainly classic French techniques to create elegant and mouthwatering menus.
- Drinks: The wines are sourced directly from producers and paired with your evening menus and there’s an open bar for beers and spirits throughout your stay. Chalet staff will always be on hand to prepare and top-up drinks as required.
- Special Requests: We cater for all likes, dislikes and dietary requirements – plus for guests with children we offer delicious homemade kids teas.
- Arrival canapés and champagne
- Gourmet 4 course dinner, 6 nights
- Carefully selected wines with dinner
- Children’s early supper served on 6 evenings, if required
- Luxury chocolates
- Fresh flowers
- Stocked bar with a range of premium spirits, beers and soft drinks
- Champagne reception on the first evening
- Delicious sparkling Crement de Limoux served throughout the week
- Open bar including selection of premium gin, vodka and local ‘eau de vie’
- Selection of high quality house wines sourced directly from the vineyard and carefully chosen to match menus
Your fully catered ski holidays include delicious seasonal menus professionally designed, prepared and served for your enjoyment.
A gourmet 4 course evening meal is served on four nights of the week including canapés, fine wines, local cheese, coffee and after dinner chocolates. On one evening a 2 course comfort food supper is served for you. There are two staff nights off during the week enabling guests to dine in one of the lovely restaurants in the village or we can provide a delicious self-service Raclette evening at the chalet.
A nutritious breakfast is served each morning with a different hot option each day, and in the afternoons a yummy homemade cake will be waiting for you upon your return from the slopes.
Bedroom 1 – zip lock super king with ensuite (bed can be separated into 2 x large singles)
Bedroom 2 – 2 x bunks & further single bed with en-suite & kids snug
Bedroom 3 – zip lock super king with ensuite (bed can be separated into 2 x large singles)
Bedroom 4 – zip lock super king with ensuite (bed can be separated into 2 x large singles)
Bedroom 5 – zip lock super king with ensuite (bed can be separated into 2 x large singles)
Ferme du Rys can sleep 8 adults and 5 children in perfect comfort.
The farm is located in La Chapelle d’Abondance which sits at the Northern end of the Portes du Soleil – the World’s largest ski area. The nearest ski lift is only a few hundred meters from the farm, and it is very easy to drive to the lifts in Chatel, Pre La Joux.Please contact us if you need more information about skiing in the Portes du Soleil.
Low season price from: €POA
High season price from: €POA