A charming, authentic and affordable 3* boutique hotel in the heart of Meribel, with ski-in-ski-out facilities and a year-round outdoor heated pool
58 rooms and suites.
Best time to visit
Family-run Hotel L’Eterlou is well located in the centre of Méribel village, just 50 meters from the ski lifts and surrounded by shops and restaurants. The cosy and traditional hotel has been part of Meribel for three generations, and is an iconic chalet-style building that has evolved with the times while holding on to its old-school charm. After a day on the mountains, unwind under the stars in the heated outdoor pool before dinner at one of the hotel’s two restaurants. Depending on your mood, you’ll find authentic Savoyard fare and traditional live music at The Kouisena, or contemporary Alpine cuisine at The Grange.
- Atmospheric Alpine dining at two restaurants and a bar, where traditional live music and open fireplaces meets authentic Savoyard cooking and classic dishes
- Spa with a heated outdoor pool open all year round, and a hammam, sauna and jacuzzi
- Dedicated ski shop for seamless fittings and all the mountain equipment you need
- Perfect for families and couples, with a games room and various family-sized apartments
Rooms and Suites
The 58 rooms and suites at Hotel L’Eterlou combine a relaxed atmosphere with low key luxury. The warm and welcoming mountain decor suits the surroundings, with views directly onto the slopes and Meribel village. Many of the rooms have a balcony or shared terrace tables and chairs to sit out and enjoy a drink in the evening. Combining the best aspects of hotel and chalet holidays, the 4-6 person family apartments within the hotel offer a spacious home away from home, with a kitchenette and two or three separate bedrooms.
Rooms, Suites and Family Room Options
- Traditional: the most popular room choice, these en-suite double rooms have a double bed or two single beds, and a balcony.
- Triple Traditional: a little cocoon for three people, these en-suite rooms have a double bed and an alcove with a single bed.
- Family Room: the four person room is made up of two separate spaces – a room with a double bed and a children’s sleeping area with two single beds, a bathroom and balcony.
- Apartment for 4: a duplex room with a lounge and kitchenette, two bedrooms, shower room and balcony.
Après ski and dining
L’Eterlou offers two different restaurants and dining areas as well as a laid back all day bar, with something to suit every occasion. The Grange Restaurant serves up simple yet elegant dishes such as charcuterie boards laden with local goodies, open sandwiches with meule de Tarentaise cheese, and pork en cocotte cooked in hay over the fire, all in the context of a contemporary Alpine setting. At lunchtime, guests can enjoy lunch and wine on the south-facing terrace facing Mont Vallon.
For a more traditional affair, The Kouisena is a must for anyone looking to get the authentic Alpine experience. The restaurant has been part of Méribel for more than 25 years. Over mountain favourites such as fondue, raclette, pierade and meat cooked over the open fire, guests sit back and experience traditional music, staff in Savoyard dress, and decor that’s typical of the mountain chalets.
L’Eterlou also has the cosy RS Bar, where you can enjoy a vin chaud or cocktail after a day on the slopes.
Spa and Wellness
What could be more magical than unwinding in a heated swimming pool under the stars, surrounded by snowy pine trees and the mountains beyond? The large outdoor pool at L’Eterlou is heated all year round, with a temperature of 36°C in winter and 26°C in summer. Guests can also relax in the jacuzzi each afternoon after skiing, while appreciating the view of the mountains. Inside you’ll find a sauna and hammam as well, located just near the pool.
In a nutshell
- Hotel type: 3* chalet hotel with heated pool and spa, bar and two restaurants
- Location: Just meters from the slopes in the heart of Meribel, it’s perfectly located for restaurants, shops, apres ski and the lifts
- Style: en suite chalet-style rooms with a traditional decor, modern amenities and low-key luxe interiors
- Ideal for: Couples and families
- Rooms: The 58 rooms and suites vary from cosy bedrooms to private chalet-style apartments for up to 10 guests, combining traditional Alpine decor with modern luxury. Many have balconies with panoramic views, and some have private hot tubs and hammams
- Breakfast: a buffet breakfast is served each morning with local delicacies and continental classics
- Dining: Choose between traditional and atmospheric fare at The Kouisena and more contemporary dining at The Grange, or enjoy a light snack and aperitif in RS Bar
- Spa: There’s a large heated outdoor pool open all year round, as well as a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room
- Children: Games room with table tennis, table football
- Ski shop and rental service just meters from the slopes
- Ski lockers with boot dryers
- Bathrobes, slippers and mini-bar provided in winter
Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 100km
Grenoble (GNB): 2h 00m / 150km
Geneva (GVA): 2h 00m / 180km
Lyon (LYS): 2h 00m / 180km
Helicopter transfer: 30 minutes
The Hotel l’Eterlou has an underground garage, at an additional charge. Places cannot be reserved in advance, but reception will let you know when you arrive if a place is available. If there isn’t space, another carpark is located 50 m from the hotel.
Low season price from: €1,995 per room B&B
High season price from: €2,240 per room B&B