A special chalet, full of character, nestled in the heart of Méribel-Centre. This authentic clad wood chalet with a true alpine feel boasts a rich, sumptuous sitting room to welcome you for a luxurious stay in the French Alps.
Best time to visit
La Varappe is rich in history, beholding a magnificent stone fireplace at the core of the chalet where you will only want to curl up and enjoy the quintessentially British furnishings. Enjoy a sophisticated culinary experience in the cosy yet majestic dining room before you head off to the five charming super-king bedrooms.
The aesthetic is to die for, with rich mountain colours, tones of red and green, accentuated with furs and lavish textures. This chalet really feels like home from home, with an extra special touch. After your long day of skiing, get dropped off back at La Varappe and indulge in the steam room, hot tub and even put your feet up in the cosy cinema room.
This chalet is perfect for a family trip. There is an additional attic bedroom suitable for two or more children. Your children can retreat to their cosy, den-like bedroom under the eaves after their long day on the slopes.
- Chalet La Varappe sleeps 10 people in supreme comfort within five beautifully designed bedrooms, each with an en-suite bath or shower room.
- Home from home feel, with exquisite artworks and intriguing antiques.
- Freshly prepared breakfast, afternoon tea every day.
- Access to an exceptional concierge service, a dedicated minibus and chauffeur, childcare, professional masseuses and one staff member to every two guests.
This chalet is classically English, with an Alpine twist to help you mould into your surroundings and make yourselves at home. Each room has been carefully furnished with thick curtains, heavy blankets and plaid sofas and charming original furniture. A setting of indulgence and comfort, it had a welcoming warmth and attention to detail.
Rooms and suites
La Varappe’s five bedrooms all have unique personalities, sleeping 10 adults. Three bedrooms have super-king beds and private balconies. The remaining two are all en-suite, with goose down duvets and Egyptian cotton sheets. There is a sixth bedroom under eaves suitable for two small children.
La Varappe is located at the heart of Méribel-Centre, just a 10 minute walk to the main village and all restaurants and bars. A short 5 minute drive to get to the ski lift centre.
Après ski and dining
Guests will enjoy freshly prepared breakfast every day before hitting the slopes, as well as
afternoon tea and cakes to come back to.
All the bedrooms are suitable for infant cots, with one bedroom under eaves suitable for two small children.
Wellness and relaxation
Its spacious terraces, garden and private outdoor hot tub allow you to marvel at the mountains even after you’ve kicked off your skis. The chalet also offers a steam room for aching muscles, a TV/games room and, of course, a large ski and boot room.
- iPad with movies for use in the chalet
- Complimentary bar of wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Fine chateau and domaine-bottled wines available from the cellar
- Luxury dressing gowns and slippers
- State of the art TV and sound system, with Apple TV, Sky and an extensive DVD library
Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 100km
Grenoble (GNB): 2h 00m / 150km
Geneva (GVA): 2h 00m / 180km
Lyon (LYS): 2h 00m / 180km
Low season price from: €21,100
High season price from: €33,200